26 Apr 2013

Grand fatherly looks .... .....


Rambling old bungalow  surrounded  by neem trees where birds sing their songs before settling to a quite during dusk ... Ok, this I'm talking about is my in-laws place in Mathura.
 I could hear a loud krr-r-r-r kutruk kutruk .
Though it's a little difficult to spot the barbets but you certainly get to know that they are around.
It was earlier known as the large green barbet but now it is called the Brown headed barbet ( seems to be very evident- grass green color with a brown head).
 It has a bare patch of skin around the eye which I think gives it a very grand fatherly look ......

Happy birding ...

2 comments:

  1. It is really great to know that you love my blog ....motivates me even more to share my thoughts about the time that have spent in the lap of nature clicking these avian delights ....

    ReplyDelete